New World's leveling experience involves both your character's overall level and your numerous crafting professions. Increasing your gathering, refining, and crafting skills are all required if you want to access New World's endgame PvE content or craft the best items in the game.
One of the game's most tedious professions is Logging. It takes ages to harvest trees, wood is rather cumbersome to carry around, and the XP gains per tree are fairly small throughout. To help you get to 200 Logging as fast as possible, we'll be giving a few tips on how to reach Logging 100 and an excellent farm to reach Logging 200.
The Fastest 0-100 Logging Farm
Unlike other professions, there isn't a set strategy for getting the first 100 ranks of Logging. The first 100 levels are incredibly tedious and require that you cut down thousands of trees. With that said, there are a few things you can do to speed up this tedious farm.
- Use Iron Tools: Acquire some Iron and craft an Iron Logging Axe. This will drastically speed up your Logging speed. You can also buy one from a Trading Post for dirt cheap.
- If your character is higher level and can obtain Starmetal or Orichalcum tools, use those instead.
- Have Movement Skills Ready: You'll be doing a lot of walking to and from town. Use a Fire Staff, Rapier, Great Axe, Bow, or Hatchet to speed this up.
- Chop Down Mature Trees: At Logging 50, you'll be able to chop down mature trees. These give a ton of XP when harvested, so chop them down whenever you find one.
As for locations, virtually any starting zone will work—Windsward, First Light, and Monarch's Bluffs. These zones have small forests that have dozens of trees you can chop down. You can't walk in a straight line without hitting a tree, so finding them is the least of your worries.
One final point about this farm: sell any wood you get. You'll be farming so much wood that you'll struggle to store it all. If you can help it, travel back to town and post any wood you've obtained at a Trading Post. Wood sells for a pretty penny, especially in bulk. Alternatively, you can refine the wood you've obtained to level your refining professions.
The Fastest 100-200 Logging Farm
For this strategy, you're going to need three things:
- A character that's at or above level 30.
- A Logging skill of 100 or more.
- At least one weapon that has an AoE skill.
Make your way to Green Defile, an Angry Earth hideout located on the southeast corner of Brightwood. This small strip has multiple Terrawolf spawns. You'll want to run from the southern end of the strip to the northern end, hitting any wolves you see with a ranged weapon. Get them all bunched together, then spam AoE skills to kill them. You can then chop down the Terrawolf's corpse with your logging axe, giving you an immense amount of Logging XP and Wyrdwood. Exit the area, kill the Terrawolves again, rinse and repeat.
|Tip: There's a fast travel point called the Spirit Shrine located just west of Green Defile. You can fast travel to and from the Brightwood settlement from here to drop off any Wyrdwood you receive.