Throughout your time playing New World, you'll likely come across various quests that ask you to go and hunt a specific type of animal. That could be turkeys, boars, or in this case, sheep. Sounds simple? Well, it isn't really.
With the massive influx of players during the Closed Beta, and likely at the start of the game when it releases fully at the end of August, these sheep are getting farmed. Actually knowing where to look for them is a bit tricky as well. This guide covers pretty much everything you can do to actually find those annoying, elusive sheep.
Updated September 10, 2021, by Harry Alston: Animal spawns have been tweaked in the Open Beta to increase the rate at which these animals appear, however, sheep can still be difficult to find. Here's our guide to make it easier to complete faction and town quests for hunting sheep.
Where To Find Sheep - Stonereach Hunt Quest
Are you trying to find sheep for the Stonereach Hunt Quest? This map marks a good spot to look for sheep during the Stonereach Quest. It's just hidden away enough that other players might not be there, which means you've got a better chance to actually find, kill, and skin a sheep.
Where Are The Sheep In New World?
Why are sheep are so hard to find New World? It's mostly because of an area chokepoint. Too many people hunting too few sheep. This problem has been addressed in the Open Beta, but it could still do with some tweaking before the game's full release in September.
Can't find sheep? Here are some tips to help you find them.
- If you just spend some time wandering around the area of the quest, you are much more likely to come across a sheep that isn't already being killed by another player.
- If you level up your Tracking and Skinning ability, you will eventually be able to get sheep marked on your map.
- Try and memorize the animal spawns. Often sheep will spawn in the same area in groups of two or three.
Tips For Finding Sheep For Town Missions
Sometimes you will be required to hunt sheep for town missions. This is a bit easier, as not everyone will be looking for sheep in other areas of the map. Here are some tips for finding sheep.
- Sheep are found in Highlands areas, which can be found by checking out your world map and viewing the biomes on the left-hand side of the screen.
- There are some good spots to look for sheep around Everfall, particularly in the south-eastern corner of the region towards the Ginger Hovel map location.
- You do need to be wary of certain Highlands areas as there is a good chance that there are higher-level enemies there. If you start seeing level 20 mobs, get out of there. Those sheep aren't worth it.