This guide covers the optimal leveling path for 1-50 in Lost Ark. Although level 50 is the max level in Lost Ark, your leveling doesn't finish there. You'll embark on a journey of maxing your gear level and completing your Adventurer's Tome (collectibles) for account-wide boosts.
For this guide though, we'll cover the basics of hitting level 50 in the fastest way possible or at least provide some direction for how you work through the game.
There are really two ways to play Lost Ark: complete everything, or rush to the end. If it's your very first run you should really just play the game at your own pace. It's a great experience with an enjoyable world, and there's really no rush. That being said, Una's Tasks and other Daily Missions are restricted per day, so the quicker you get to 50, the quicker you can start working on your character. The choice is up to you.
Lost Ark Level Guide - 10-35
Yes, you start at level 10 in the current NA/EU version of the game, thanks to a new patch regarding class prologues. The game opens with some long(ish) cutscenes, and then you're given the option of whether you want to skip the prologue. Skip it for pace.
The whole next chunk of leveling is very straightforward - Follow The Story Quest. These are marked as Orange on your map.
Side quests have been buffed significantly in the NA/EU version of the game and many of them are quite simple to complete while working through your main quests. However, you do not need to complete any other quests other than the main storyline. This is the fastest route through the game.
- Sell some potions right at the start of the game. You won't need them, and they can be used to Triport (fast travel) around for quicker questing.
- Complete all mandatory Dungeons solo and in Normal mode. You won't need any of the gear you get, as gear is replaced constantly between 1-50 anyway.
- Check your quests for Engraving rewards! This is another positive change in the NA/EU version of the game. These can be used to upgrade your Engraving nodes while you play, and if you complete all the side quests with Engraving rewards you can hit level 50 with an upgraded Class Engraving.
- Complete red zone quests (these appear when you pass through certain areas) if they overlap with your questing.
- Dash and mounts. Use this to your advantage. Some characters have extra mobility skills that can be worth focusing on, although classes with big AoE clears are also good for completing content quickly.
Lost Ark Level Guide 35-50+
Once you get access to Sailing the game changes considerably. Rather than regular Orange-colored quests, you'll be sent out over the world to complete Blue quests.
The game sends you out on this path - Tortoyk - Anikka - Arthetine. These are different regions with new quests to complete.
You can either stick to the game-determined path or go your own way, completing Arthetine - Anikka - Tortoyk. It's a bit harder if you go this route, but it's also a lot more engaging if you want to keep entertained while you're leveling.
Check out some of our endgame guides to help you get off to a good start when hit level 50: