Helgaia is the second Guardian Raid you'll encounter in the third section of raids during your climb through the tiers in Lost Ark. It is only available once you hit 840 item level.
This guide covers attack patterns, raid mechanics, and general tips on how to breeze through this Guardian Raid with ease.
How To Defeat Helgaia
Helgaia has one major unique Guardian Raid mechanic: the boss evolves over time. To prevent this from happening, and to reduce the chance that Helgaia's skills start one-shotting your squishy party members, you must break the Stagger check that appears at regular intervals. Helgaia's abilities become more varied and powerful if the boss is allowed to evolve.
As well as evolution, Helgaia covers the battlefield with fire, causing multiple stacks of the Burn debuff. You can take Panacea potions into the battle or rely on the cleansing debuffs of a Paladin, for example.
Helgaia's Attack Patterns
Here are a few key things to remember about Helgaia's attack patterns.
- Helgaia will go into a Stagger-check that you must break. The boss folds its wings over itself. Save Stagger skills for this moment.
- Helgaia does have a counterable charge - watch for the moment that the boss turns blue and hit your counter skill perfectly to stagger the boss for a short period. This charge becomes empowered (the boss takes flight) if you allow Helgaia to evolve.
- There are three potential phases of attacks - during Phase 1, there is a Charge, a Fling attack (will launch you in the air), a Tail Whip (watch out while back-attacking), a Wing Attack, and a Leap Attack.
- During Phase 2, Helgaia's attacks are enhanced - the Charge is upgraded so that Helgaia takes flight while charging and the Fireball attack now fires three separate shots.
- Phase 3 includes Meteor Rain - check the image below. The point of impact is indicated by a glowing yellow spot. Do not stand on that spot. You can be hit by more than one meteor, causing a sort of juggle effect which essentially removes you from the fight for a short time.
General Tips For The Fight
- Stagger is important during the fight. Successful stagger checks will make the fight much easier. Bring Whirlwind Grenades to assist during the stagger checks.
- The stagger check gets harder and harder over the course of the fight - in the end it's basically inevitable that Helgaia does evolve, you can just prolong this part of the fight for longer.
- Bring the necessary Raid items - Panacea is useful in the Helgaia fight, as well as health pots and Whirlwind Grenades.
- Use the Panacea if you hit 4+ stacks of the Burn debuff. It'll end up dealing pretty nasty damage to you.
You can check out some of our other Guardian Raid guides here: