Welcome to the Hall of the Twisted Warlord, the first 460 iLevel Abyss Dungeon in Lost Ark. This is where the game really starts to show you how difficult it's going to get, and as such, you are going to want to know the mechanics before and during your dungeon run.
To keep things simple, we will break down the mechanics of each boss fight in the Dungeon as well as some general tips and tricks to make life a little easier. So, if you need to know how to beat the Phantom Legion King in particular, we've got you covered.
Rook And Bishop First Boss Fight
This fight is relatively straightforward. There are two bosses. Defeating one of the bosses before the other will send whichever boss is left into berserk mode. There's also one other mechanic you need to be aware of.
- A target appears above a random player's head.
- The player with the mark must keep an eye on where the Bishop is (the big guy) as he will fire an explosive at the targeted player.
- The player must stand between the Bishop and the rook (the little guy) so that the explosion hits the boss.
- If you don't do this, you will be wiped.
The mechanics are repeated in a second stage, but this time the boss spawns a bunch of defensive chess pieces in a circle around itself.
- You must destroy the pieces first. These protect the boss and make it harder to land the shot correctly.
- Players without a target will have a circle around them. Do not walk into other players/walk into the player who is completing the targeting mechanic as you will end up knocking them all over the place.
Phantom Legion King Boss Fight
There are two main mechanics here: Stagger checks and a rotating sword mechanic that will result in a wipe if you don't get it exactly right. This is a tough boss. Don't worry if you wipe a couple of times - it's almost expected as you learn the mechanics and timing, especially if you're in a pug.
Save your stagger abilities for when the Phantom King forms an orange shield around himself. This is a relatively straightforward part of the fight.
This part, however, is not straightforward. The boss will enter this phase on the health bar number 15 and will enter into a Stagger check first.
- It is important that you break this Stagger ASAP. You can use the Whirlwind Grenades if you're lacking Stagger damage or wipe to this mechanic multiple times.
- The boss then sends out several slowly moving swords that follow the player. Players must walk into the swords one after another, and it will remove the debuff.
- The best way to do this in a match with randoms is to use the numbers on the left-hand side of your screen. Rotate through by order of the numbers, walking into the swords one by one.
- Make sure that your debuff is GONE before you pick up another sword.
- Keep a short time between, just count 1-2-3 between the swords being collected, and keep an eye on your debuff bar to monitor the debuff.